The digitalisation of financial data is progressing and at the same time companies are subject to increasing regulation with regard to data security and their databases. With this in mind, we offer a range of services based on the IT expertise of our employees in our areas of digitisation, governance and compliance to help companies meet the increasing demands of digitisation and regulation:
- EBS Detection Analytics: Carrying out an analysis of your financial data to uncover systematic anomalies in your booking portfolio, including comprehensible and clear preparation of the results using our evaluation tool;
- EBS Improvement Analytics: Execution of data analyses to identify improvement potentials with regard to your accounting-related control system or to confirm the functionality of existing internal controls (e.g. separation of functions via the IT-related authorisation concept). Based on the results of our analysis, we support you in designing and implementing new processes and systems;
- EBS Data Mining & Text Mining: Investigation and analysis of your financial data stock according to existing patterns; joint evaluation of the results of our data analyses (e.g. outlier analysis, cluster analysis, regression analysis). In addition, we also carry out textual data analyses.
- Compliance certificates in relation to the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (‘EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO)’ and the German Federal Data Protection Act (‘Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG)’): Verification of compliance with requirements and compliance with principles, procedures and measures in accordance with the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act, the audit note (IDW PH 9.860.1) issued by the Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V. (German Association of Chartered Accountants). Depending on the desired depth of the audit, our compliance certificate can range from a pure adequacy audit to a comprehensive audit of the principles, procedures and measures implemented by the company with regard to the EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (‘EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO)’ and the German Federal Data Protection Act (‘Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (BDSG)’);
- Certification of accounting-related software products: Issue of software (IDW PS 880) certification after conducting an audit in accordance with the auditing standard issued by the Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V. (German Association of Chartered Accountants);
- Confirmation services for IT service companies (e.g. computer centre) in connection with the offer of (data-related) outsourcing services and cloud computing: Examination of (IT-related) processes and controls at the service company in accordance with the audit standard (IDW PS 951) published by the Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V (German Association of Chartered Accountants), including issuing valid proof of compliance to customers and their public accountants.
- Digital Due Diligence and IT Due Diligence: Review and validation of IT-supported business processes and/or the IT-related internal control system including IT system audit in the context of a company acquisition using our Digital Analytics solutions.
- Support of the internal audit, other auditors and auditing companies (as expert IT audit specialists) regarding the conduction of an IT Audit in accordance to the audit standard (IDW PS 300) published by the Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer e.V (German Association of Chartered Accountants);
- Implementation of IT-related special audits (e.g. data analyses, use in forensic audits, etc.) according to individual requirements.